cards Processing have done more than revolutionize the practice of gift giving.
They redefine how consumers shop, employers motivate, parents manage
spending and retailers boost sales. Search our archive of articles
describing the latest and greatest news, trends and retail innovations.
DID YOU KNOW? The average value of gift
cards purchased in the past year is $40, a fairly steady level for
the past three years.
How the Gift Card Process Works
for You and Your Customers
Put the power of the most popular gift cards to work in your stores today. Brand name gift cards from high quality
retailers combined with instant activation, zero cost inventory and
outstanding support from AMP are just a swipe away. AMP's gift cards
are activated, verified and tracked through your existing credit card
terminal, resulting in a fast and simple sales process:
- Customer presents card for purchase
- You swipe the card in your existing POS terminal or scan the card
- Information is transmitted to AMP for validation
- AMP relays transaction to partner gift card processor who authorizes
or denies the transaction
- If approved, the gift card processor or AMP activates the card
for the dollar amount
- Your retail customer is ready to roll
Once the purchase is complete, AMP handles
the time-consuming but essential back-end processes:
- Updates card inventory record and uses existing settlement
- Procedures for gift card settlement
- Creates a settlement file of all funds payable to AMP from your
- Sends an ACH to your bank for funds due AMP
- Reconciles with you and each gift card partner
With expertise in channel categories and retail distribution, along
with a dedicated account management and field support staff, AMP offers
the most comprehensive gift card solutions available. You choose the
cards; we do the rest.